Well, hello there! It's been a while since I posted last. Life got busy, and I was also under the weather a few days, which is never fun! But, I'm feeling better now and I have so much I want to post about. There just never seems to be enough hours in the day :)
Today, I want to tell you about what has become our new favorite summer meal! I originally posted about the Best Pizza Evah! last year HERE. We normally just use our oven and a pizza stone to cook the pizza, but earlier this summer I was craving homemade pizza and didn't want to heat the house up, by turning on the oven (we have had a HOT HOT HOT summer here). Soooo, I thought it might be fun to try cooking the pizza on the grill, and I was right! It was fun and super yummy!
1. Gather all of your ingredients. We LOVE tomatoes, fresh mozarella cheese and red onions on our pizza along with pesto (the pizza dough I used was Trader Joe's Garlic and Herb dough).
2. We recently found Grandma Sandinos Vegetarian Garlic Sauce at our local farmer's market and fell in love with it! And Trader Joe's Pesto is always a good choice!
3. Roll or shape your dough to the desired shape and brush one side with olive oil (I used the Vegetarian Garlic Sauce).
4. Place the dough, olive oil side down on a MED/HIGH grill. Now brush the top side with olive oil.
5. It should only take a few minutes to get some nice grill marks on the dough. Go ahead and flip the dough over (be careful, it's HOT)!
6. Now you are ready to spread on Pesto, or whatever sauce you like on your pizza.
7. Add the rest of your ingredients and close the lid on the grill, to allow the pizza toppings to melt.
8. Take a quick peek and admire all the melty goodness! *NOTE: if the bottom of your pizza is cooking quicker than the cheese is melting, you can slid a pizza stone or baking sheet under the dough. We've had to do this a few times.
9. ENJOY your pizza! Soooo quick and easy! And sooo GOOD! We love to eat this out on the patio with a cold beer or glass of wine!
What is your favorite type of pizza?
Have you ever tried to make pizza on the gill?
I'd love to hear from you! And be sure to share the recipe!
Have a great Thursday!